Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Lindsay's Job

In April I started my new job at Savannah State University as a Marine Science Technician. This position involves many different tasks, including...

Collecting data (sediment samples, water quality data, specimens for our aquarium, etc) on research cruises aboard the R/V Savannah















































Assisting Grad students with their projects, such as recording dolphin begging and feeding behavior as well as identifying individual dolphins through photo ID


























































Taking bird photographs to improve my bird identification book
















































And, my favorite part, designing, setting up, and maintaining several display and research saltwater fish tanks.












































2 comments:

  1. Lindsay needs her own Google account for her posts! I notice you guys have already changed your blog layout! This was a very interesting post, I loved the photos, especially the black skimmers! I'm glad you enjoy your job Lindsay, it seems very interesting and with lots of variety you must never get bored. Now we need one about your job Matthew.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay, your job looks very fun! I'm so glad you've found an interesting job in Savannah. And your bird and animal photos are wonderful.

    Love, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete