Monday, December 6, 2010

My New Job

In the beginning of December I started my new job as Curator at the Tybee Island Marine Science Center (tybeemarinescience.org). I basically take care of all of the animals--doing things such as feeding, collecting, tank maintenance, any necessary veterinary care, exhibit design and construction, etc. I am really enjoying it, but there is so much to do! Here are a few "before" videos to show what the place looks like right now. I will take another series in a few months after I have had a chance to redo all of the tanks.

The first room with burrfish, stingray, coral, large puffer, and lionfish

The second room with invert tank and touch tank

The third room with box turtle, corn snake, American alligator, and loggerhead sea turtle

The last room with the hatchling turtles, adult terrapins, and marsh tank

1 comment:

  1. Your new job sounds great Lindsay, lots of fun animals to care for!

    ReplyDelete