Sunday, January 16, 2011

Riding on the Beach

One of my life-long dreams came true today--I got to ride my horse, Rabi, on the beach! I used the excuse that my birthday is this coming week to convince some fellow riders to make the 2 hour trip to Hunting Island, SC. Horses are only allowed in the winter and it was too nice of a day to pass up. Sunny, high 50s, and just perfect.

Getting ready in the parking lot - note the location of the beach




















Our shadows on the sand.




















The group of riders I went with, 8 in total.




















Rabi didn't like the waves too much, he thought they were chasing him!

























I couldn't resist a nice hand-written title for my scrapbook




















Rabi and I




















A good roll in the sand after a long ride










No comments:

Post a Comment