Saturday, April 2, 2011

Garden Update

This year I am way ahead in my garden. I just pulled up the fall broccoli crop (which fed us for quite a while) and have planted almost all of the spring crops. The spring broccoli already has heads and we have been enjoying fresh lettuce too. Yesterday I added cucumber and squash seeds as well as green pepper seedlings. The green beans are just starting to come up and I have eggplant seedlings growing in the house. This time the raised bed is so full that I ran out of room and had to plant the basil in a pot on the deck! Matthew also buried a hose under the deck and across the yard to the garden so that my soaker hose is safe from the mower. Now we just have to wait for all of the goodies! I hope this year's crop will be even tastier due to the large amounts of rabbit manure I have been adding to the soil.

2 comments:

  1. You are way ahead of us - I can't believe you are already on your second crop. We haven't even gotten anything in the ground yet. The weather has been so weird this spring - 80 degrees some days, but we still were below freezing two nights this week. Miran has some seeds started in little cups, but he's scared to put them in the ground!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so lush! Your garden inspired me to put in carrots, beets and spinach in our raised beds. I have a few sprouts, so i'm hoping for some veggies soon.
    Love, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete