Sunday, November 18, 2012

Solo TN Trip

Two weeks ago I took my horses to TN for a week to visit with my parents at their cabin.  It was quite an adventure as my truck broke down both directions.  On the way there, it overheated (in the mountains of course!) and started smoking.  I managed to limp it along for the last 100 miles by stopping every 30 miles or so and pouring in more coolant.  I was able to take it to a shop during my visit and they installed a new radiator.  My mom and I drove the Envoy to Nashville to pick up my dad at the airport and everything ran fine.  On the way home, however, it all of a sudden started running really rough and I lost a lot of the engine power.  The check engine light came on and I stopped at an autozone.  There were three different codes but none of them were life threatening at the moment so I once again limped it home (this time for about 300 miles) by going slow and not pushing it up the hills.  At least we eventually made it home safe!  Looks like we will be buying a new truck for Christmas...
 
My parents and I did have fun while I was there (although my horses managed to escape from their pen twice) and put a lot of miles on the horses.  Here are a few photos from our rides.
 
 
My mom also sent me home with an early Christmas gift, lots of home-grown, home-canned goodies!

No comments:

Post a Comment