Monday, May 20, 2013

Weekend Project

This weekend we continued working around the house.  Now that the horses' pen is complete and their water tank is in its permanent location, we decided to finally run a water line to the horse shed and the rabbit shed.
 

I started digging the trench while Matthew started on the plumbing in the well shed.
 
As usual, I had some four-legged furry helpers.
 
We dug about 100' of trench from the well shed to the horse shed with a spur to the rabbit shed.
 
Matthew installing the plumbing at the horses' end.
 
Yay, water for the rabbits! (with a spur that may someday go to a sink in the barn)
 
And water for the horses!  One hose is for hosing down the horses after I ride them and the other is for filling their water tank.

 
We installed an automatic float valve on the water tank so it will constantly refill itself.

5 comments:

  1. You guys have been so busy on your farm. It will be great to have water at the barn and to the horse pen. I see the purchase of a small tractor in your future - makes trenching, digging holes, clearing brush a lot easier!
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We bought a small garden tractor, but it only runs about half the time :) Hopefully we won't have too many more big projects to do!

      Delete
  2. Whew! I get tired just reading your blog.

    Love, Dad/Richard

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with dad. Every time I feel like I've done a project at my house, I read your blog and think I'm just sitting around up here. But its so great you guys have the time and energy and ideas to do so much. Its really the perfect home for you guys.

    Love, Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see your veggie garden in the back & it is looking good too. Having animals presents so many projects, but your farm, as Margaret calls, is really taking snap. I think getting your business off the ground is wonderful too. You should tack cards up at all the places they sell fish. Lots of parents would like more helping guidance then those little flyers they hand out.

    Mom/Jane

    ReplyDelete