Wednesday, November 6, 2013

King's Mountain

Last weekend Matthew took Friday off and we headed up to King's Mountain State Park in Blacksburg, SC for another NATRC competitive trail ride.  I took Rabi for the ride and we competed in the two day event this time.  We rode almost 16 miles on Saturday and the same on Sunday with many obstacles along the way.  It was raining when we arrived but stopped within a couple of hours and turned into a beautiful weekend.  We were even able to visit the King's Mountain National Park museum on Saturday afternoon between events.
 
Here Rabi and I are waiting to vet in on Friday night, he is still a little wet from the rain.
 
 
Vetting in with the horsemanship judge.  Rabi did really well on this ride!
 
All of the riders gathered at 7:30 am Saturday ready to head out.  I think there were 42 riders to start but a few dropped out along the way.
 
Rabi and I at one of the pulse and respiration checks the first day.  He passed with flying colors!
 
And here's a view of the trails on the second day - much drier than the first!  I ended up placing 5th in my division and Rabi placed 4th in his.  All and all a great weekend even if we didn't get home until about 10:00 pm (which felt like 11 due to the time change) on Sunday night.  Next time I will try to remember take pictures of camp and Matthew!
.





No comments:

Post a Comment