Saturday, December 28, 2013

Christmas at the Gunzburgers

We spent Christmas this year with my parents at our house.  Mom and I started off the traditions by making reindeer ornaments from a kit.
 
They turned out pretty cute!
 
Christmas morning found the stockings stuffed full and the presents under the tree overflowing across the living room!
 
After opening stockings and eating pancakes, we opened the rest of our gifts.  First Matthew and I handed out all of the presents.

 






















Here's Matthew with his new sun hat.
 
And me with a liability sign from my brother.
 
I mostly used cloth bags this year instead of wrapping paper for the gifts.  Part of my parents' gifts included the bags that their items were wrapped in.
 
The aftermath of Christmas.
 
Bagheera was exhausted from all of the festivities.
 
Family portrait (just missing my brother!).
 
Mom and I also went for our traditional Christmas horseback ride since she brought her horse with her for their two week stay.
 
After gifts and riding we decorated cookies.  I tried using rice flour in our cut out cookie recipe for some gluten free cookies and they were delicious.
 
Lots of sugary snacks for us!
 
Finally, we had Christmas dinner that included local grass fed lamb, my mom's homegrown potatoes, broccoli fresh from our garden and homemade bread in a broccoli casserole, and lettuce salads also fresh from our garden. 
 
Matthew cutting the lamb.

1 comment:

  1. Looks a little less hectic than last Christmas - but enjoyable. And those reindeer ornaments are pretty cute!

    ReplyDelete