Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Back to Work

Matthew and I spent the past weekend catching up on a few things after our vacation.
We have had the materials to install gutters on the rabbit/mini shed for several weeks now but finally got around to doing it.  Now it probably won't rain for weeks!
 
 
The finished product.
 
I also bought a roll of fencing wire to make tomato cages for the garden.  The cages help keep the plants contained and reduce sun scalding on the fruits.  We cut the cages all to size and tied them to t-posts inside the raised beds.  We made 26 in all!
 
Next, we installed the tomato cages (hard to see in this photo, but they are in the second raised bed) and built another raised bed.  This last bed is only seven feet long due to the angle of the garden fence.  Almost all of my seedlings are planted and now I just have to harvest all of the goodies!
 
 
Lastly, I finally got around to buying some annual flowers this year and planted them in the beds by the barn.

1 comment:

  1. You guys are such an inspiration to get out there & get something done. The flowers look good & with your heat the marigolds will love it there. When I see the garden area I just remember all those vines, bushes, trees & we started to dig out that first month. Its truly amazing how much you've done in 2 years. Mom/Jane

    ReplyDelete