Monday, June 2, 2014

Beach, Gardening, and More

We finally made it out to the beach this weekend.  Although it was very windy, we enjoyed relaxing on the sand and Matthew played some "volleyball" games with our friend Edward.
 
My garden has been coming along nicely as well.  I dug half of the potatoes this week and pulled a few carrots for us to enjoy.
 
Some of my carrots are getting pretty big!  That's a quarter for reference.
 
And I used our slicer to make my own matchstick carrots for salads.  Much tastier than store bought ones!
 
We've also been enjoying fresh lettuce, broccoli, and snap peas.
 
The hydrangeas in the front of our house are actually blooming this year.
 
Last weekend Jane and Richard stopped by our house on their way to Florida and dropped off two beautiful new pieces of furniture.  The first is a stand for my two quarantine fish tanks.
 
And the second is a matching coat rack for our mud room. 

1 comment:

  1. That's one big carrot! We're growing lots of weeds in our garden this year ;) I think we've given up on getting anything planted. It looks like some squash plants have come back from last year, though.

    ReplyDelete