Wednesday, September 30, 2015

The Last of the Garden Goodies

The garden has been winding down for the season although I'm still getting some okra and a few green beans.  My mom grew some popcorn for me this year and I picked it up while I was visiting. It is called Strawberry popcorn, for obvious reasons, and the seeds look almost like pomegranates once they are shelled.
 
Not only is it beautiful, it is also delicious!  Next year I hope to have room to grow more popcorn in my garden.
 
My mom also gave me some of her extra tomatoes and here they are with the last of the tomatoes from my garden.   All of these buckets turned into 92 cups of tomato juice!  And I turned that juice into six more batches of spaghetti sauce for the freezer, yum!
 
And finally, here is a flower that I rescued from a rental house called a spider lily.  It blooms every fall and is one of my favorites!




No comments:

Post a Comment