Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Trailer To-Dos and More

While my parents were visiting over Christmas and then again last week, we spent a lot of time planning our Out West trip for this spring.  Now that we have our reservations and dates set, it is time to start preparing!  We have a long list of improvements for our horse trailer in order to make it comfortable for the month-long trip so we started on that last weekend.
 
First up was to start building the corner cabinet next to the fridge.  Matthew had to cut the counter top in a curve so that there is room for cabinet doors and drawers.
 
We also put up the side of the custom cabinet and a few supports.  Next up will be the drawers and shelf.
 
During our ski trip we picked up the beautiful steps that Richard made for us.   We brought them home and I stained them to match the cabinets then Matthew secured them to the wall.  I think that they turned out perfectly!
 
Finally, Matthew installed the plumbing under the sink so that we can have running water!  We mounted the small trash can a few weeks ago and have been using a bucket to catch the "gray" water from the sink (since we are not going to add any holding tanks to the trailer).
 
 
In other news, I am still active with the cat rescue group and continue to attend adoption fairs most weekends.  Our last two fosters were adopted last weekend so we are currently foster-free.  On Monday I went with another volunteer to pick up 1800 pounds of low cost kitty food from a food bank.  That should last a while!
 
I've also been working more and more on our vegetable garden with the beautiful weather.  It has been such a mild spring that I've been able to plant things early.  Right now I have carrots, lettuce, snap peas, onions, spinach, and potatoes in the garden with broccoli, peppers, eggplant, herbs, tomatoes, and okra growing inside.  Today I pulled one of the carrots I planted in the fall and it was huge!  I guess all of that rabbit manure and fertilizer has really been helping.  I'm looking forward to a produce-filled year!

1 comment: