Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Garden in June

The garden is about at peak performance right now and this year is definitely the best one yet.  I finally decided to buy a pressure cooker so that I can preserve green beans and spaghetti sauce without freezing.  Luckily my mom was home to talk me through my first pressure canning experience!
 
I canned 39 pints of beans total this year with two that didn't seal.
 
The tomatoes are only about halfway done and I've already harvested more this year than in the last couple of years combined.   I'm very proud of this giant beefsteak tomato!  Leonie is not impressed.
 
 
The cherry tomatoes are overflowing with fruits too.  Here's one day's worth of tomatoes.
 
 
So far I've made two batches of salsa and one batch of spaghetti sauce.  Here is the salsa cooking while the water bath canner heats up.
 
 
We're going to have to rethink our pantry organization soon - I'm running out of room!
 
 
The overgrown and weedy garden jungle.  I barely have time to keep up with produce, let alone make the garden look good!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment