Monday, October 29, 2018

Grandma and Grumps Visit

Last week my parents came for a nice week-long visit.  Matthew took his first overnight trip away from the girls (a work trip to MI) so I enlisted their help.  The girls were thrilled to have company and I don't think that they hardly looked at me for the first few days.  They were having too much fun!  They actually got to go grocery shopping with us on Monday and rode in the double cart for the first time.
 
Can you tell that they enjoyed it?  Leonie on the left.
 
We also spent lots of time outside including several trips to playgrounds because of a renovation project happening at the house (more on that in the next post).  Here they are on the slide with Grumps and Grandma.  I'm not sure who is having the most fun!
Slide fun.
 
Surprisingly, Elsie even quickly figured out how to climb up the stairs to the top of the slide.  She wasn't fast but was very careful.
 
Grandma and Elsie at a different playground.
 
Grumps and Leonie.
 
 
Story time.  Both girls are really starting to love books and will bring books out from their room to read.
 
Double wagon ride from Grumps! Leonie on the right.
 
The fascination with shoes continues.  Here Elsie is wearing Grandma's shoes while Grumps helps her walk.
 
Another first this week - their first horse ride!  Elsie loved it and Leonie was a little cautious.  My old horse, Rabi, was the perfect gentleman.
 
Leonie.
 
Elsie
 
Leonie and I.  She was a little more confident when sitting with me.
 
Elsie and I.  Elsie wanted back on every time we took her off!
 
 
Finally, a couple of videos from the playground.  Elsie on the slide.
 
 
Leonie had a little mishap on the slide.  She was just fine and went down again afterwards though!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment