Monday, November 11, 2019

Endurance Ride

Last weekend I took Mow to our first endurance ride since his injury (torn suspensory ligament) in August 2018.  It had been almost exactly two years since our last ride and it was so good to see all of my endurance friends.  We tried out the new Hi Tie system for camping too.  Here's Mow eating his dinner on the Hi Tie.  Works great!
 
All tacked up the next morning and ready to hit the trails.  The 25 and 50 mile competitors left at the same time for this ride so I could ride out with friends.
 
Photo during the ride by Becky Pearman.  We had a great time riding with friends for the first loop and then by ourselves for the second loop.  It was a little chilly but no rain and Mow completed all 25 miles with flying colors!  I think we're ready to bump up to a 50 mile ride next time. We even placed 7th and stood for best condition.
 
Relaxing post ride.  We finished early enough that I was able to attend the awards dinner and then drive home.  This ride is close (1.5 hours away) and I didn't have to leave Matthew solo with the girls for much more than 24 hours.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment