Saturday, March 5, 2011

Lindsay's Mom's Visit

My mom came to visit for almost 2 weeks at the end of February. As always, we were very busy and the time flew by. She came with me to work each day and worked on her water coloring painting skills out on the beach. We also went wedding dress shopping and made the final decisions on my dress, the bridesmaid dresses, and my mom's dress (no photos for obvious reasons!). We found time to go bird watching with the Audubon club as well as riding on the beach. The last part of her stay we drove down to Tampa, Florida where my Grandfather spends the winter. We did a lot of bird watching there too and saw many new species that we can add to our life lists. Here are a few of the many photographs we took during our adventures.



My mom with all her painting gear. She loved being a bum on the beach all week.

















Me hard at work while Mom was being a bum and painting. I am completely re-doing our 500 gallon tank including installing all new plumbing and buffing the scratches from the acrylic viewing panels. Here is a photo of me working on the acrylic.




















The Valentine's Ball was the first weekend of my mom's visit. She stayed home while we went out dancing.




















We were fortunate enough to borrow a horse from the place where my horse is at so that my mom and I could both ride out on the beach together. This was my mom's first time riding on the beach and she rode my horse. It was a nice day but a little chilly.















Here we are in Florida with my Grandpa and Grandma. My Aunt Sandy was also there, she took the photo.
















One of the parks we went bird watching at.




















Some roseate spoonbills in Florida. A new species for my mom.















A glossy ibis, new species for me.














A mottled duck, new for both of us.














A not-so-common common ground dove, a new species for me.














And, lastly, a pretty flower near the beach in FL.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a nice visit with your Mom, sounds like you were busy! And your bird photos are great!

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete