Saturday, March 5, 2011

My New Trailer

I recently decided that I wanted to purchase a new horse trailer. My current one is very small and uncomfortable for my horse to ride in and is about to need new tires. I searched and searched for a small 2 horse aluminum slant load (the horses are at an angle in the trailer, much more comfortable for them than being in-line with the vehicle) that my Envoy would be able to pull. I finally found some in Florida near where my grandfather lives, so my mom and I went trailer shopping when we went to visit my grandpa. We ended up buying a Shadow trailer that only weighs 200lbs more than my old trailer, but has way more storage space and allows my horse to travel at a slant and put his head down to rest. I was really impressed that at how well it hauls even though, as you can see, it is quite a bit larger than my first trailer.

My first horse trailer, bought when I graduated college.
















Me at the Shadow dealer with my brand new, 2011 trailer!
















There is plenty of room in the front for all of my tack.





















When the partitions are opened up, the trailer is one large room that my newly refurbished cart can fit in so that is stays out of the weather. (there is no barn at this farm, my trailer is my only storage space)





















A side-view of my trailer in its new home. Matthew is checking out the features of the camper door. You can also vaguely see my little blue trailer next to the new one.















The other side. Now all I need to do is sell my old trailer!

No comments:

Post a Comment