Sunday, January 27, 2013

This Week's Work

Once again we have been keeping busy with projects around the house.  The list is never-ending but the progress is pretty amazing.
 
Here is a better photo of the garden area now that it is cleared from the ground up.  We got a quote last week for $5000 to pull the stumps from the 2.5 acres we had logged in November.  We will be getting a couple more quotes soon but it looks like we will have to wait to finish the clearing.  This means that my flower beds will be turned into vegetable gardens again this year!
 
Last week I turned the purple guest room into a sewing room and made holiday gift bags.  I plan on using these instead of wrapping paper next Christmas.  I bought enough fabric on sale this year for 11 bags but may have to make more next year.
 
A couple of weeks ago I made cross-ties for my grooming stall in the horses' shed.  I had not been able to use the new cross-ties until this weekend due to our incapacitated lawnmower, which was taking up most of the stall.  After various attempts at fixing the flat tire over several months, Matthew finally fixed it this weekend and we moved it into the barn.  Here is Mow in the cross-ties for grooming before a ride.
 
While we are in the Keys in February we will be having someone come and look after the rabbits, cats, and fish (the horses are going to stay where I used to board).  I have been meaning to make name tags for the rabbits for quite a while and figured that I should do so before our trip since one of the rabbits bites!  Now Matthew might be able to tell the rabbits apart :)
 
 
This weekend we ended up working on the garden shed.  I wanted to mount a birdhouse on the shed but we desperately needed to paint it first. Matthew also changed the door so that it swings the other way (and therefore makes a lot more room in the shed) and wired a light so that I can see to get water for the rabbits.  We still need to paint the roof and door and install some shelves, but here it is looking a little fresher and sporting a newly built wren house on the back.
















Here is another bird house from my Grandpa that we installed on the telephone pole in the driveway.  This one is for bluebirds and they like more open space than wrens and chickadees.  I will eventually move this house out into our horse pastures when they are finished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment