Sunday, April 6, 2014

Busy, busy, busy!

It has been a busy few weeks around here at the Lazy G Ranch.  I finally got a load of mulch for my flower beds last week and was able to spread it all in one day.  Here is the before photo of the truck.
 
 
After 15+ wheelbarrow loads (I lost count!), the house looks much better.
 
And in case you forgot how the house looked when we first moved in, here is a before and after shot.
 
The same day that I did the mulch, Matthew and I installed another large raised be in the garden.  (I sure slept good that night!) He had built the rails earlier in the week and I filled the bed with compost and planted tomatoes the next day.
 
We also decided to hire someone to do more clearing in our back two acres.  We found a local guy with a backhoe that gave us a pretty good quote and he started work on Wednesday.  We had been slowly working our way around the property clearing and burning, but there was still a lot of debris in the back.
 
After one day of work it already looked better!
 
They finished yesterday afternoon and now we have three large piles of stumps and brush to burn.
 
 
And here is another before and after photo from when we moved in.
 
 
Last weekend Matthew's father Max came for a brief visit before his conference in Savannah.  We spent the time catching up, eating good food, and playing games.  I only remembered to snap this one photo of the pool table in use though.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think Lazy G is an appropriate name for your homestead - more like Busy G Ranch! The yard is really looking amazing and it should for all the work you've put into it.

    ReplyDelete