Sunday, September 28, 2014

Rest of TN Trip

Our internet has been on the fritz the last week or so but now that it is fixed (new router) I can catch up on my posts.
 
In addition to the endurance ride, I spent my vacation in Tennessee riding with my mom, canning vegetables, and helping build my parents' barn.
 
We were able to ride at a new park this visit and the views there are spectacular.  Here Mom and I are at one of the overlooks.
 
 
 
My mom's new horse, Santana.
 
 
Mow got a few days off after the endurance ride so Rabi had to fill in for him.
 
A few more overlook photos.
 
 
It has been very wet in Tennessee this year so we saw lots of different kinds of mushrooms in the woods.  This kind is my favorite, huge and bright red! (that is Mow's foot for reference)
 
After our daily ride we worked on some other projects.  Mom and I canned 33 pints of green beans (from her garden) and 10 pints of spaghetti sauce.  Here I am cutting up beans while the sauce is cooking.
 
Mom did most of the canning using her pressure cooker.
 
 
Here's the haul of food I brought back, including jalapeno peppers, canned venison, and potatoes (in white bag).  Thanks Mom!
 
 
Later in the week I helped my parents put up some steel on their 50' x 50' barn.  We put up 20' long pieces over what will become their equipment shed and my dad's workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment