Monday, September 29, 2014

Sushi and Horse Shows

In other news, Matthew and I have been taking it pretty easy around the house.  We had a game night last weekend but I forgot to take any photos again.  During the week last week we decided to try making our own sushi.  I went to Publix to buy the ingredients and their sushi chef even gave me some tips!  Here Matthew is spreading sushi rice onto the nori for his roll.
 
Then we flipped the nori over and added the fillings along one edge.  We made avocado, cucumber, and cream cheese rolls this time.  Here Matthew is attempting to roll the nori into a log before slicing.  His had a few too many fillings so it didn't hold together very well!
 
Once sliced, my roll almost looked like what you eat at a restaurant!  It all tasted just as delicious.
 
The only project we have worked on since I've been home is finishing up one section of the tack room.  After all of the boards were up for one third of one wall we were able to add hooks for halters and bridles and a PVC pipe as a whip holder.  I could use a few more hooks eventually, but these will really help keep me organized!
 
This weekend was filled with various sports and no work.  We spent Saturday morning at a local farm where I showed Mow in a couple of beginner classes.  He was well behaved and Matthew was a great "show husband"!
 
 
Mow and I with our ribbons.
 
The horse show only lasted a couple of hours so then Matthew went off to play tennis with a friend.  Yesterday he played golf in the morning to practice up for the annual Great Dane benefit golf tournament going on today.  We spent yesterday evening at the benefit dinner at an old plantation where we bought some silent auction items and enjoyed delicious barbecue.

1 comment:

  1. I had a thought when looking at your tack room. Those award tags you have saved could be used in this rm. If you get some wallpaper paste & put the tags up, then cover them with maybe 2 coats of clear laytex paint they would make a great boarder to the ceiling. You may not have to sand the boards too much under the tags, they will hold better to a rougher surface I would think. Just a thought, Jane

    ReplyDelete