Friday, January 23, 2015

Property Clearing

During the last week of my parents' visit we did a lot of work on our back two acres trying to prepare it for planting this spring.  We borrowed a tractor from a neighbor and my dad drove it while the rest of us did what we could by hand.
 
We started by consolidating the remainder of the stump piles and re-lighting them.
 
There was still a lot of sticks and brush to be picked up and piled on the stumps.
 
While the piles were burning, my dad used the box blade we bought to grade the dirt and smooth out the bumps.
 
My mom and I spent the rest of the week fueling the fires to burn down the stumps and raking up debris.
 
The piles took a while, but we eventually burned all of the remaining stumps and a lot of the brush.
 
I have spent the last couple of weeks continuing to rake up debris and level the ground by hand.  It takes forever, but certainly looks great when it is done!  I can't wait to have fresh green grass for the horses later this year.
 







No comments:

Post a Comment