Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Camping Trip

Last weekend we took our trailer on its first camping trip!  We headed up to South Carolina to Broxton Bridge Plantation where I rode Mow in an Endurance Ride.  I drove up on Friday morning with a friend and her horse and then Matthew joined us Friday evening.  Here is our campsite all set up.  Everything worked pretty well except that we definitely need some stairs to get up to the goose!
 
And Mow in his pen.
 
Mow and I finally moved up a distance for our ride and completed a 50 mile race this weekend.  This was the longest that I have every ridden in one day and I think that I was more tired than him! 
 
Here we are at the finish.  It took us 6 hours and 55 minutes to complete (not including the mandatory "holds" or rest breaks) and we ended up placing 10th out of about 25 riders.  Needless to say, I am very proud of both of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment