Thursday, June 15, 2017

Garden

My garden has been doing very well this year.  I tried to plant all of my veggies as early as possible in order to harvest them while I am still able.  Matthew has been helping a lot as well, especially with things like picking green beans because my belly is too big to allow me to bend over enough!
 
One day's harvest.  So far I've frozen 20 pints of broccoli, 8 packages of corn, and 16 pints of green beans.
 
Of course, that doesn't include all of the veggies we've eaten fresh!  Many of our meals have been completely or mostly homegrown lately. 
 
The corn this year has been especially delicious.  I guess that years of rabbit manure fertilizer have finally paid off!
 
The beans have been quite prolific as well.  It is probably time for me to learn how to pressure can because our freezer is starting to get full.
 
My flower beds are also blooming well and the other day I found these two huge polyphemus moths mating amongst them.
 
Finally, a photo of Matthew and I on the sunset cruise we went on last weekend.  This was perfect for me - all I had to do was sit and enjoy the view!

No comments:

Post a Comment