Monday, January 13, 2014

Outside Work


 This weekend we were able to work outside for a bit in the beautiful weather.  We ran the water line to the garden several weeks ago but finally attached a faucet and four-way connector this weekend.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Matthew also removed some roots and stumps from the yard for me with his ax skills.  I couldn't mow over the roots and stumps because they stuck up too high.  Mowing will be a lot easier now (when it is warm enough for the grass to start growing again...)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We added more pavers to the steps around the screen room to make this area easier to mow as well.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And added some pavers to the cement blocks that my dad installed by the man door on the barn. Apparently these pavers missed the power washing.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Our other project for the weekend was to install another raised bed in the garden.  Matthew assembled the rails from parts from work.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Meanwhile, I dug the trenches for the rails.  We ran out of time to finish this bed so we still need to bolt the corners together, level the rails, fill in the dirt, and add compost.  Then repeat another 18 times in the garden!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I can't believe it is already that time again, but I have started planting things in my other raised bed.  I planted snap peas, carrots, onions, and spinach this weekend next to the asparagus.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And indoors I have broccoli and lettuce started under a makeshift light.  Growing lights and shelves might be next weekend's project... 







1 comment: