Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Another Endurance Ride

Since Mow did so well on our Endurance Ride in January we decided to try another competition two weeks later.  We spent the first weekend of February in Sylvester, GA at a boy scout camp.  This ride is held twice a year to benefit the boy scouts and has a lovely campground.  Unfortunately, it rained several inches the day before the ride so most of the trails had to be rerouted to dirt roads (they were under several feet of water).  Mow and I didn't mind though, that's what we ride on at home!  Here's another photo of Mow in a pen.  I'm getting pretty good at setting up this corral and Mow is getting quite used to staying in it.
 
On the first day of the ride, Friday, we competed in the 50 mile ride.  I was lucky enough to ride with a riding buddy from last year.  We had a great time and even cut almost an hour off of my time from the first 50.  Mow ate and drank really well and had great scores.  Here we are during one of the vet check rest stops between loops.  I'm also sporting the jacket my green bean endurance team won for last year's riding accomplishments.
 
Mow did so well on this ride that we decided to enter the 25 mile ride on Saturday.  I got to ride with another one of my buddies and we had even more fun.  (But I will admit that 75 miles over two days was plenty of riding for me!)
 
The professional photo from the first day by Unbridled Imagery.
 
And the second day, also by Unbridled Imagery. Mow and I will both be taking some time off now!

No comments:

Post a Comment