Sunday, February 14, 2016

Florida Trip

I spent a week of January in Florida visiting family and riding horses (and I'm finally getting around to posting about it!).  My parents' new property had no improvements when I visited so we camped by borrowing power and water from the neighbors.  They now have their own power and water, will install a shed and fencing soon, and the septic will be complete before they come home. I never did take a photo of the campers but here is one of Mow in his pen.
 
I spent my birthday with my parents, grandparents, aunts, and uncles near Ruskin, FL.  We went orange picking at a local grove and later enjoyed a family meal followed by opening the remaining Christmas gifts (and my birthday gifts).
 
My Mom, Aunt Cindy, and I at the grove.
 
We also spent some time riding the horses around the park near my parents' property.
 
At the end of the week I moved our rig about 70 miles north to a campground for an endurance ride.  Here we are all set up in our new location.  I'm LOVING our new camper!
 
Mow and I went 25 miles the next day for our ride.  Mom and our friend Louise drove up to crew for me despite the frigid temps and windy weather.  We had a great time and came in 10th place, only 20 minutes behind the winner.  At endurance rides they give away Top Ten prizes and for this ride we got cute hats, also very practical for the weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment