Tuesday, April 30, 2013

House Work and Games

Matthew and I are still plugging away with house projects, both inside and outside, but we still make time for a little fun!
 
 
We finally got around to hanging the fireplace tools from the brick wall.  Here Matthew is installing the hooks.
 
 
The fireplace is all neat and tidy now!
 
 
Matthew used his birthday amazon gift cards to purchase the parts he needed to fix up the foosball table.  Now we have another game for game nights!
 
 
Last weekend we went in to Savannah for the annual Sidewalk Art Festival put on by the local art college.  This drawing was one of my favorites.
 
On Sunday we hosted another game night with our friends.  I brought back a movie-theater style popcorn popper that was my grandfather's from Tennessee and we used it to make popcorn for everyone.
 
 
Playing Mystery Mansion.
 
This week I have been trying to work outside before it gets too hot.  Even though we had the stumps removed in the pasture and garden, there are still roots everywhere.  I am slowly removing them by hand and it's amazing how many roots are in such a small area!  Here is one of the many wheelbarrow loads and you can (barely) see all of the roots still in the ground.
 
 
The cats like to keep me company while I'm working by snoozing under a nearby tree or attacking the roots as I pull them up.
 
 
A small section of root-free horse pasture!
 
 
And finally, an updated photo of the garden with all of the plants just starting to come up.








No comments:

Post a Comment