Tuesday, April 9, 2013

NATRC Competitive Trail Ride

After 150 training miles over the last six weeks, Rabi and I competed in our first competitive trail ride last Saturday.  Despite his old age, Rabi was feisty and seemed to be in excellent condition.  We did not win our division but we had a lot of fun and met so many wonderful people!  I'm hoping to do another ride with Rabi in June at the Biltmore and then maybe try one with Mow in the fall.
 
 
We stayed the night Friday and my campsite neighbors even backed my rig in for me!
 
 
Rabi on Friday night all cleaned up and ready for check in and inspection.
 
 
During the ride at a P&R stop (where they check the horses' pulse and respiration to determine fitness).  It was quite chilly (37F) when we started riding at 7am but soon warmed up.  The yellow string on my bib number was to let everyone know this was my first ride so be nice to me!
 
 
Rabi and I after completing our 20 miles.  I was tired and sore the next day! (I'm sure Rabi was too).  The colorful socks are to go with the theme of "That 70's ride" for the weekend.  
 



3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Lindsey! What a great sense of accomplishment to somplete a ride like this working together with your horse!
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive! Congratulations!

    When is the Biltmore ride? Do you have time to stop by?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! The Biltmore ride is June 8-9. It might be tough to stop by with my horse :) Unless he can mow the grass for you? haha!

      Delete