Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Kitchen Renovations, Part Two

It took a little longer than we planned, but part of the kitchen is now finished!  I have been waiting to post about this as well as a few other things until the projects were complete.  Yesterday I moved my fish tank, which involved moving everything out of the old tank and into a brand new, scratch-less one.  The pictures don't quite do the room justice, it really looks polished now!

Matthew had to move a light switch and outlet when we removed the wall.




















I spent many days covered in drywall dust trying to get all of the walls smooth and corners sharp.  I even used a headlamp to help me see because that corner of the room is very dark!

 


















The finished product!  We decided to paint the little piece of wall that is still there white so that it blends with the ceiling.  I will also be adding a rug to cover up the missing floor until we redo the floors.




















The fish tank in its new home on its beautiful stand.  It looks like it belongs in an aquarium!  (notice that half of the far wall still has wallpaper on it, as soon as I move the old fish tank I will be starting on the rest of that wall and the wall by the living room).






4 comments:

  1. We all think it looks great. You have good color sense & and I love that bright green. It must feel forever with all that wallpaper.

    Well, I never did get to eat with E O Wilson. He had a small stroke on Monday morning & is in the hospital, going home tomorrow. should not have neen bragging about that I guess.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane! The wallpaper actually isn't too bad, what took the longest was patching the corner and ceiling piece from the old wall. Luckily, the old wallpaper comes off easily with just water and a scraper. Doesn't mean I will do the rest right away though!

      Lindsay

      Delete
  2. Great, happy post.
    Thank you for that.
    Modular Kitchen designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Looks like a completely different room. Well worth all that hard work. And it must be so satisfying to know that you did it yourself!

    Love, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete