Friday, August 23, 2013

Popcorn & Pictures

Last weekend we discovered what is possibly the best find yet at an empty rental house - a popcorn popper!  And not just any popcorn popper, the exact same kind that we already have (which I believe is actually a replacement to Jane's original) that is in mint condition!  Our current one is pretty cracked, so now we have a back up.
 
 
This week I finally got around to hanging more photos around the house.  I put up some family photos over the mantle next to our wedding photo (on the left is a photo of my brother and I when we were little and one of my parents on their wedding day and on the right is the Hicks family photo from the beach house).  I still need a few more prints for the photos on the mantle (for that empty spot!) but the living room looks a little more like home now.
 
I also hung my gyotaku (fish prints) over the fish tank.  I haven't ordered the nature photos for the other wall in the dining room yet but I am starting to gather frames and think about layout.

1 comment:

  1. I remember that popper! Or the original one, I guess. I remember sitting around it at the kitchen table watching the kernels pop around. How cool!

    And your pictures look lovely.

    Love, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete