Thursday, March 30, 2017

Horses and Flowers

Peanut came home from Horsin' Around for a little break between sessions so I decided to let him hang out with Mow and Rabi to graze. He seems to really enjoy their company and definitely doesn't know that he's half their size! 
 
Peanut still goes back to his pen at night so that he doesn't get too much grass, although he likes to eat out of the big boy hay feeders too.
 
Springtime for horses also means it's time for the annual vet appointment.  I took Rabi and Mow to a friend's house (to split the barn call fee) and both horses got their annual vaccines as well as a dental float/exam.  If you haven't seen a horse having it's teeth filed, here are a few photos.  They are both sedated and the vet uses a power tool to file down any sharp points they have grown over the last year.  They had their feet trimmed the day before so it was quite an eventful week in horse care!
 
 
The "drunken" line up as we call it; waiting for the boys to wake up enough to trailer them home.
 
 
One other project I've been slowly working on was re-mulching the flower beds.  I got a load of wood chips and it took me three days to freshen up all of the beds with it.  Being pregnant sure has slowed me down!
 
I haven't mulched in a few years so this should last a while and I was glad to get it done while I can still be relatively active.

No comments:

Post a Comment